Care for Your Silk
Hand Washing Your Silk
- Fill a bowl or sink with cold water
- Pour a gentle detergent designed for silk into the water
- Do not twist, wrinkle, or agitate the fabric while washing. Gently clean the fabric.
- Rinse with cold water
- Second rinse with a spoon full of distilled white vinegar (this helps to keep its shape)
Machine Washing Your Silk
- Turn your pillowcase inside out. For other products, wash as is.
- Place in a protective washing bag
- Use liquid detergent designed for silk
- Machine wash on gentle cycle, cold water only, no spin
- Do not use bleach, any additives, fabric softeners, etc.
Drying and Ironing Your Silk
- Place silk product on a dry clean towel
- Press/pat dry or roll up the silk using the towel to gently soak up the moisture
- Hang dry away from direct sunlight
- Iron inside out on silk setting or steam